Help us Stop Ebola
this terrible virus and prevent it from continuing to spread, putting even more children’s lives at risk.
Not only are children in danger from the Ebola virus, they risk losing their parents or caregivers to the virus, leaving them vulnerable and without support.
Even if they and their loved ones avoid infection, the growing crisis increases the likelihood of children missing out on the healthcare, education and protection they need to survive and fulfil their potential. This crisis is bringing already fragile countries to the brink of collapse.
We must act now to stop this epidemic spreading before it destroys the futures of an entire generation of West Africa's children.
Save the Children has been on the ground in Sierra Leone, Guinea and Liberia since the crisis began.
Their priority is to stop the spread of the disease and bring Ebola under control by running mass prevention and awareness campaigns.
They are also setting up and managing health centres where Ebola sufferers can be isolated and treated.
So far, they have reached more than 265,000 people through their response. But there are 2.5 million children under five in the risk areas: we must do more to protect them.
"We do just need people to GIVE and are hugely grateful to those who already have. After all, an epidemic like this could hit anywhere in the world. It’s hard for us to imagine the fear and anxiety and suffering going on in those countries and we need to get people to stop and think about what it would be like, here in Kent…."
|To read more about Save The Children's response to Ebola:|
|File Size:||486 kb|
Click here to Make a Donation directly to the Ebola Crisis appeal
- The Kino Hawkhurst was the first purely digital cinema in the UK. With its licensed café-bar, it provides the most comfortable, convivial and stylish venue in which to enjoy the best available cinema experience. It is coveted by its customers and has firmly established itself as a leading "boutique" entertainment venue that last year attracted over 60,000 people from Kent and East Sussex. A new Kino will be opening in Rye soon. For more information go to www.kinodigital.co.uk.
- We have combined the Kino’s kind donation of two tickets to a film of your choice with a copy of TURNER by Barry Venning with the suggestion that the winners might like to go to the new movie “Mr Turner” coming to Hawkhurst on 14th November! The beautiful book on Turner is kindly donated by Phaidon, publishers of fabulous Art Books. With Turner’s association with Kent and the wonderful Turner Contemporary Gallery in Margate not so far from Cranbrook, we hope you’ll agree this is a great prize for the Art Show raffle this year! Please take time and visit Phaidon’s online shop for more delightful books for your library: uk.phaidon.com/store. Phaidon is the premier global publisher of the creative arts with over 1,500 titles in print. We work with the world's most influential artists, chefs, writers and thinkers to produce innovative books on art, photography, design, architecture, fashion, food and travel, and illustrated books for children. Phaidon is headquartered in London and New York City.
- Davenport Vineyards produce award-winning English organic wines in Kent and Sussex and you can find out more about them at www.davenportvineyards.co.uk. Will Davenport says “Save the Children is an excellent charity and art is also something that I enjoy, plus Cranbrook is local to our vineyard (in Horsmonden) – which gives us lots of reasons to take part this year”.
- If you haven’t had the opportunity to try the wide ranging health and beauty treatments at Clarite we can thoroughly recommend them; Lucy Rendle is pleased to support Save the Children and the crucial part the charity is playing in the DEC Ebola Crisis appeal and on the ground in West Africa. You can find out more about this wonderful oasis of calm in Stone Street at www.clarite.co.uk
- Mark Colley has kindly offered to donate a meal for two at his award-winning restaurant in Bodiam. Previously a coaching Inn and now a modern British Restaurant which was awarded a Michelin star in 2011, this is a venue where you will experience quality food, using local seasonal ingredients at very good value. If you haven’t tried The Curlew Restaurant yet, you have a treat in store, plus he has an excellent wine list. To make your booking or find out more go to www.thecurlewrestaurant.co.uk
- Each of the artists taking part this year has kindly donated to create a £200 voucher to be spent with one of the artists after the show.